Formed in 2000, SOZO is an award-winning digital agency based in Cheltenham and London. We are looking for an experienced, forward thinking programmer who is passionate about improving the internet and creating cutting-edge websites.
We are a close knit team of 14 and we all share a real passion for the internet. Our team like to push the boundaries of what is possible online and are allowed to experiment and develop their talents within a collaborative environment.
Applicants must have at least 5 years commercial experience of PHP programming.
Essential technical skills required:
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and MYSQL.
- CMS integration and customisation expertise (Wordpress ideally).
- Must have coded a variety of bespoke websites and/or plugins.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- API development and consumption.
- Other essential skills would include Git.
Other technical skills:
- Front end technologies such as SASS, JQuery, Angular and VueJS.
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation.
- Server administration skills.
- Good standard of communication, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable talking to clients.
- Good project and time management.
- Collaborate and work well within a close-knit team.
- Hands-on, motivated self-starter with ability to take direction and manage tasks with minimal supervision within an energised, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives with attention to detail.
- Developing custom functionality or plugins for Wordpress.
- Integrating front-end code with Wordpress.
- Optimising website code for search engines.
(The role is quite flexible so we can mould it to fit your skills and strengths)
Salary £35-45k (plus pension and other benefits).
If you’re looking to advance your career in a cutting-edge digital agency then please send your CV to Shaun Uthup – email@example.com