We’re looking for an experienced PHP developer with experience working with bespoke php frameworks and ecommerce integrations.
Formed in 2000, SOZO is an award-winning digital agency based in Cheltenham. We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to work on new development and ongoing maintenance tasks for one of our biggest e-commerce clients. This can be a remote or office-based roll (in Cheltenham).
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong PHP + MySQL skills
- You will have worked within complex backend systems
- You will have experience of various PHP frameworks
- You will have good experience of working on ecommerce websites
- Experience of working with and creating APIs
- Comfortable in Git and Node Build processes
- Experience of using Composer
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with oAuth, SAML, SSO
- Algolia integrations
- Experience with 3rd party checkouts like Braintree and SagePay
- Server admin skills
This role will be within a talented and experienced development team working on development work and essential maintenance for one of our biggest e-commerce clients.
- Although you may also have strong front-end skills which will certainly be useful, you are totally happy to work as a full stack developer.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and great listening skills.
- You’re a team player who is happy to share knowledge with your team and is open to others ideas and opinions.
- You’re competent with working to deadlines and completing tasks within estimated timescales.
- You build clean and qualitative high-end code.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unique job role in an innovative friendly company with a flat management structure.
- We are a forward-thinking innovative agency who are passionate about the internet. We allow you to develop your skills and enhance your knowledge.
- You will be given an interesting range of projects and work within a diverse team who all like to collaborate and share their knowledge.
- Free choice of OS
- A positive working environment in the centre of Cheltenham with a lot of comfortable working space and staff break out areas
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely for some or all of the time
- We offset all of our employees carbon footprint
- Salary depending on experience but we like to reward our staff generously.
WORKING HOURS AND BENEFITS
- 40 Hours a week (we are very flexible about working hours)
- Generous salary (we pay above market average)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Air conditioned offices
- Work remotely, from home or office in Cheltenham (UK)
- Pension scheme
- Gym Membership at Cheltenham Ladies College
Up to £35,000 – 45,000 per annum, depending on experience and level. Plus pension scheme, annual bonus and flexible working hours.
If you’re looking to advance your career in a cutting-edge digital agency then please send your CV to Christian Goodrich – firstname.lastname@example.org