We’re looking for an mid-level/senior PHP/JS developer with experience of using Wordpress
Formed in 2000, SOZO is an award-winning digital agency based in Cheltenham. We are looking for a Lead PHP developer to work on the development of complex comparison and B2B sites built within the Wordrpess ‘framework’ and ecosystem. This can be a remote or office based roll (in Cheltenham), but being close enough to come for occasional meetings would be useful.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
You need to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong PHP/MYSQL skills
- WooCommerce experience
- You will have developed complex backend systems
- You will have experience of the usual PHP frameworks but will be happy to work with the Wordpress ‘framework’ and ecosystem.
- Experience of working with and creating APIs
- Comfortable in Git and Node Build processes
- Experience of using Composer
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with oAuth, SAML, SSO
- Server admin skills
This role will be within a talented and experienced Wordpress development team producing high-end custom Wordpress sites. You will have the opportunity to work on complex comparison and B2B sites and practice advanced Wordpress development methodologies.
As well as working on advanced Wordpress sites you will also help with the on-going development of our startup theme – constantly striving to keep it up to date and improve development efficiencies.
Although you may also have strong front-end skills which will certainly be useful, you are totally happy to work primarily as a back-end developer.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and great listening skills
You’re a team player who is happy to share knowledge with your team and is open to others ideas and opinions.
You build clean and qualitative high-end code
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unique job role in an innovative friendly company with a flat management structure.
- We are a forward-thinking innovative agency who are passionate about the internet. We allow you to develop your skills and enhance your knowledge.
- You will be given an interesting range of projects and work within a diverse team who all like to collaborate and share their knowledge.
- Free choice of OS
- A positive working environment in centre of Cheltenham with a lot of comfortable working space and staff break out areas
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work from home for some or all of the time
- Salary depending on experience but we like to reward our staff generously.
WORKING HOURS AND BENEFITS
40 Hours a week (we are very flexible about working hours)
Generous salary (we pay above market average)
Annual bonus scheme
Work from home or office in Cheltenham
Gym Membership at Cheltenham Ladies College
If you’re looking to advance your career in an cutting-edge digital agency then please send your CV to Paul Benbow – email@example.com