Formed in 2000, SOZO is an award-winning digital agency, based in Cheltenham. SOZO has a team of 30 all who have a passion for digital marketing with specialisms ranging from branding to website design/development and digital marketing.
As our team grows we are looking for an experience Bookkeeper to help manage our some of our accounting duties.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper who relishes working in a creative environment. Someone who is passionate about the detail, personable, has a positive outlook, is reliable and organised with a meticulous attention to detail.
Your role will be varied and involve a range of tasks such as invoicing, chasing invoices, general banking and financial reporting for the management team.
Applicants must have at least 5 years commercial and relevant experience of working in a similar role.
Your main responsibilities:
- Invoice generation
- Allocation of payments to invoices (using Kashflow Accounting)
- Debt collection – chasing outstanding invoices and sending out statements
- Paying of invoices and salaries
- Financial reporting for Management.
- Excellent planning, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and keep track of multiple tasks
- Confident communicator with excellent writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Personable and easy to work with
- Ability to think independently, and identify and resolve problems.
Key attributes required:
- Is proactive in taking on tasks
- Uses their initiative and can self-manage
- Assertive in chasing for outstanding debt
- Has initiative to make suggestions to streamline our processes
- Receptive to feedback and comfortable asking for help when unsure.
Our culture and values:
- Innovative, cutting edge, forward-thinking
- High standards and great pride in our work and reputation
- Collaborative and happy to share knowledge and help each other
- Open to constructive criticism
- Positive and supportive working environment
- Environmentally friendly
- Importance of work life balance
- Approachable Management Team
- We like to reward our staff generously and fairly
Part-time 24 hrs per week spread over 5 days (flexible on working hours).
Up to £15-20k per annum, depending on experience and level.
Plus pension scheme and generous holiday allowance.
- A competitive basic salary (with potential for an annual pay rise subject to meeting performance targets).
- Annual staff bonus after a qualifying period.
- Option to work from home/remotely for 2-3 days per week.
- Spacious offices within a sought-after area of Cheltenham (Tivoli).
- A relaxed creative atmosphere.
- Collaborative culture.
- Personal development and training is encouraged.
- Flexible working hours.
- Christmas and summer staff parties, as well as ad hoc lunches and team socials.
If you consider yourself to be a strong candidate for this role, and are looking for the next progression in your career to develop your knowledge and skills, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com